Thursday, May 13, 2010

Resurrection

I know Easter was a few weeks ago now, and that I'm a little behind the times, but I have just caught up with some podcasts as I have been driving around in my car and riding on the train. The resurrection is the cornerstone event for the Christian faith and its important to consider it and to think through what it means for our lives. If we don't understand the resurrection and what it means, then we can't really understand the Christian faith.

This post is simply a "heads up" for an excellent podcast on the resurrection. It is a sermon by Rob Bell of the Mars Hill church - the one he did for his church on Resurrection Sunday. It really inspired me to value the importance of the resurrection and it reminded me that at the heart of the meaning of the resurrection, is that God values this world and this life, and that it is an event for hope in the here-and-now as well as for hope in the future. Rob provides a number of very useful analogies that helped me to understand some of the implications of the resurrection for our lives.

Have a listen and see what you think...

Shalom... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
You will need to update the "xxxx-x" in the sample above with your own Google Analytics account number. Note that the following line of code must be placed on the page before any reference to the pageTracker object. var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("xxxx-x");